For optimal nutrition and weight loss, Dr. Roe recommends Whole Food Plant-Based eating habits while limiting oils, processed flour, and sugars. This program was designed over 45 years ago by Dr. John McDougall. Effortless weight-loss without feeling deprived or hungry.
Join our FREE Facebook Group. Earn points. WIN PRIZES. Get Healthy. Ideal body weight is an added bonus.
Yellow Bell Peppers
Red Bell Peppers
veggies veggies veggies
Two fruit Servings daily (apples and berries preferred)
1) Oatmeal with Cinnamon, topped with banana and chlorophyll
(1 Tbsp Chlorophyll = 2.2 lbs of juice greens)
2) Grits with frozen organic blue berries, and banana, and green chlorophyll rice milk.
3) Sweet Potato, Oatmeal, Banana Pancakes, and green chlorophyll rice milk.
4) Hashbrowns smothered in grilled onions and zucchini, topped with salsa.
5) Potato Pancakes covered with berries and date syrup.
1) French Fries (airfries) with Roasted Green Beans & Broccoli.
2) Cucumber, Tomato Sandwich on GF lentil tortilla, topped with sauerkraut, and smeared with horseradish Mustard!
3) Baked Potato Smothered in Salsa with side salad.
4) Refried Bean Burrito on Ezekiel tortilla, topped with colorful bell peppers, green onions, and hot sauce.
5) Sushi filled with thinly sliced vegetables, shredded ginger, wasabi, wrapped in sea weed, dipped in gluten free soy sauce.
Here's a great summary by a WFPB SOFA buddy on YouTube who maintains a 70 lb weight loss for 3 years without exercising! She summarizes what choices made her gain weight and how she overcame it. Great ten minute summary.
So, here is my Whole Foods Plant Based story:
I was a little short for my weight all my childhood. All my adult life, I have been 70-110+ pounds overweight. My autoimmune disorders were exasperated by my weight.
So I had weight loss surgery.
Way before goal, I started gaining again. I also had what we thought were complications.
So I had surgery again, still had issues, AND started gaining again way before goal. What on earth?
I knew about Dr John McDougall’s way of eating. I had watched Forks Over Knives. I believed that it worked and was the healthiest way of eating.
So I got serious.
And I got serious results!
My fasting sugar became normal.
My blood pressure became wonderful.
My cholesterol became “heart attack proof.”
My pulse is good.
My blood numbers (minerals and vitamins) are great.
And I’ve been between 127 and 130 for almost two years now.
Most importantly, now I can chase my kids and enjoy being a mom in a way I’ve never been able to before.
This picture was a maintenance picture I took for accountability a few months ago. I am going to stay as healthy as I can. Diabetes, heart disease, even some autoimmune issues are in remission as long as I eat a nutrient dense, very low fat, plant based diet.
Please scroll through my wall for plenty of recipes and some additional helpful information.
Pics: 242 pounds and 127 pounds
Just two ingredients for versatility or you can add spices to add specific flavors (savory or sweet)
Shared by: Aline Machado Deerfield, of the McDougall Starch Solution Facebook group.
Thank you Aline a million times and then repeat!
The first time I made these I served them with organic Spit Pea Soup I cooked all day on low in the Crock Pot. I didn't want to make a separate salad AND I wanted to be sure my hubby ate a big salad with all the starch I was serving up for dinner; soooooo I took two full organic salad bags (one Kale and Spinach, the other Cabbage & Carrot) blended them smoothie smooth with a cup of water and stirred an entire pitcher full of greens into the pea soup (making the soup about 50/50). Using the submersion blender, I creamed everything together for a thick, smooth, tasty, pea soup!